Well in southern calif summer is here…We had a very successful summer camp(new pictures now available) We had several awesome guests the kids loved the camp and had a blast So a very special thanks to all our guests and the parents who worked so hard to keep me focused,, but really Ken 30 days of summer camp….re-think this for next year..
we start off August and end July with the internationals..50 year anniversary..should be great ..I’ll have pictures posted soon of the event.
We have a Black Belt test coming up the 16th of August a very dedicated and hard working student Brian Baker is testing August 16th Saturday at 1pm
Now just for laughs Go back in time with these 10 best “Karate Kid” movie quotes. The first “Karate Kid” movie was released in 1984, which later became a trilogy that focused on a bullied teenager and a martial arts master. In 1994 another movie called “The Next Karate Kid” was released, but only had one of the original main characters; the role of the martial arts master stayed the same, but featured a female teenager.
- “Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.” Miyagi in “The Karate Kid” This is easily the best known quote from all the movies. It is even repeated in “The Next Karate Kid.”
- “Boys are much easier!” Miyagi in “The Next Karate Kid” This quote very much sums up the movie where Miyagi attempts to train a female student.
- “We make sacred pact. I promise teach karate to you, you promise learn. I say, you do. No questions.” Miyagi in“The Karate Kid” Miyagi is very to the point in his teaching methods. This quote shows the basis of their relationship.
- “Daniel-san, never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose.” Miyagi in “The Karate Kid, Part II” Miyagi is full of wisdom. This quote illustrates that.
- “I I am dreaming, let me never awaken. If I am awake, let me never sleep.” Miyagi’s father in “The Karate Kid, Part II” He says this after not seeing his son for years. It’s a touching part of the movie.
- “Out of respect for my teacher, I give you three days to mourn. When finish, I come back. You prepare to join him.” Sato in “The Karate Kid, Part II” Sato says this to Miyagi as a threat after his father dies. This also gives Miyagi a chance to leave, but honor keeps him from doing that.
- “Here are the Two Rules of Miyagi-Ryu Karate. Rule Number One: ‘Karate for defense only.’ Rule Number Two: ‘First learn rule number one.’” Miyagi in “The Karate Kid, Part II” Miyagi says this while showing Daniel around his family’s dojo. This quote really sets the tone of life in Miyagi’s home and his outlook on life.
- “This school sucks, man. Sucks.” Daniel in “The Karate Kid” Daniel is very angry and unhappy with his life in the first movie before Miyagi’s training changes his life. This quote shows that.
- “You know, this is the ’80s, Mr. Miyagi. You can’t be so damn passive!” Daniel in “The Karate Kid, Part III” This quote shows how their relationship has grown through the movies. Daniel jokes more with his teacher in this movie.
- “Julie-san fighting not good. But if must fight, win,” Miyagi in “The Next Karate Kid” This is a theme that is in all of the movies. It means you should avoid fighting, but if you can’t, you should win. Both Julie and Daniel dealt with fights they could not get out of.